Thursday, September 14, 2017

Starting the Journey, by Sister Elaine Hollis, SSJ

As incredible as it seems I am spending about 12 days in LePuy, France with a group of Sisters of Saint Joseph from around the world. They are here for a workshop on Cultural Diversity and Conflict Management. I was asked to help translate for the three Brazilian Sisters who are here.



Sandra, Aparecida and Cleonice from Brazil

I hope to write a little every day so that all of you can be a part of this experience as well. It is humbling to be in this place which holds so much of the history at the heart of our Congregation. Please follow along if you wish as I make this journey.

I left Rochester on Friday, September 8 and caught a flight to Paris from Atlanta. After flying to Lyon and taking two trains and a bus, I arrived in LePuy around 3 PM on Saturday (9 AM Rochester time). One of the Sisters from the Centre International met those of us who had come together from Lyon and brought us to local hotels and the Centre where I am privileged to stay.



The Centre International of St. Joseph

While the Centre appears old from the outside, it is totally refurbished on the inside and is very warm and welcoming. I have my own room with a wonderful view of the city, Our Lady of France, and the Chapel of St. Michael.


The view of Our Lady of France from my window

In the days ahead I'll tell you a little about the historic sites here in LePuy as well as the people who have gathered and the workshop itself.

1 comment:

  1. Elaine, thanks so much for keeping us posted. What a great experience to be a part of. I would love to be in LyPuy. I am sure you are a big help to our sisters from Brazil... keep up the great work. Love, Maura

    ReplyDelete